This Policy explains how we collect, hold and process personal information.
1 Collected Information
In the course of providing our services, we need to collect, hold and process personal information.
1.2 Personal Information
‘Personal information’ is information about an identifiable individual, recorded in a material form or not, and including name, contact details and any other information that identifies that person.
1.3 How We Collect Information
We only collect personal information directly from individuals (such as when an individual fills out the application form online).
1.5 Disclosing Personal Information
In order to provide our services we disclose personal information only to the third parties that individuals select to receive their updated contact information.
There may also be circumstances where we are required to disclose personal information by law (including laws of other jurisdictions), for example to government bodies / contractors and regulatory authorities (whether in New Zealand or elsewhere).
2 How we will use your information
We use personal and company information for:
- Identifying individuals who do business with us,
- Contacting individuals about setting up, administering, and managing services we supply,
- Monitoring and evaluating services for statistical, business analysis and research purposes,
- Preventing, assessing and investigating frauds or suspected frauds,
- Informing customers about our products and services and products or services that may be of interest to them (but only with their consent),
- Sending general communications and surveys about our services, and
- Complying with our legal obligations, for example, in order to comply with the Financial Transactions Reporting Act, and the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act.
Personal information will be stored on servers hosted by our data storage providers. Our data storage providers are bound by confidentiality and security agreements to keep personal information confidential and secure.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We have information security and physical security policies and procedures in place that aim to minimise the risk of unauthorised access to personal information.
4 Access and correction to your personal information, and authorities
Under the Privacy Act 1993 individuals may request access to their personal information. If we become aware that the personal information we hold is incorrect, we will correct it.
5 Other Privacy points of note
When an account is deleted, its contents is removed immediately from iMoved and is not held for any period of time, nor is the data retrievable.
Our web site may contain links to third parties’ web sites. We make no warranties about the privacy practices and reliability of the information published on the linked web sites. Our web site uses Google Analytics to monitor search behaviour and to measure traffic flows. Further information regarding Google Analytics can be found at www.google.com/analytics/.
Our Privacy Officer is Kit Greer. You can contact him via the Contact Us tab at the bottom of the website.
6 Amendments to this Policy
Over time, as we grow and develop, so may our services and how we do business. This policy may be changed by us from time to time to reflect changes in legislation, codes of practice, our business, and our products and services.